J Coderre is licensed and regulated by AAT
under license number 6069.

Tax time is just around the corner. For the year ended 5th April 2020, paper returns are due to HMRC on 31st October 2020 and online returns are due 31st January 2021. Any tax or Class 4 National Insurance contributions are also due on 31st January 2021, so it makes sense not to leave your return until the last minute.

Do I Have To File A Return?

Not everyone has to file a return, but if you were employed for only part of the year you may be due a tax refund.

You must file a return if:

  • HMRC has sent you a return
  • You were self-employed for any part of the year
  • You received income from rental of properties
  • Your income was over £50,000 and you also received income from interest or dividends
  • You are a company director
  • You realised gains on sales of certain assets

What Paperwork Do I Need?

You will need your forms P45 and P60, certificate of deduction of interest from bank account(s), records of income from self-employment, statements of dividends received, records of purchase and sales of assets, and records of property income. If you are self-employed or a limited company and your accounts are not complete, our Accountancy Service can help you.

You will also need to be registered for self-assessment. If you have not filed a return before, click here to find out how to register.

What Will It Cost?

The fees depend on how complicated your return is, but start as low as £175* (income from employment and bank interest only).

Please note that Death and Taxes does not charge VAT.

Fill in the below questionnaire to receive a no-obligation quote based on your self assessment needs.